Performance Issues When Creating Simple Promotion
(Doc ID 2483215.1)
Last updated on APRIL 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Price Management - Version 16.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After creating a simple promotion in Retail Price Management (RPM) conflict check is running for more than 2 days without ending.
Zone and location characteristics are as below:
select count(*) from rpm_item_loc where item in (select item from item_master where dept in (X,Y);
select count(*) from rpm_zone_location where zone_id=Z;
sga_max_size | 20G
pga_aggregate_limit | 12032M
sga_target | 0
memory_target | 16G
memory_max_target | 20G
pga_aggregate_target | 0
Recalculating or deleting stats on RPM_BULK_CC*, did not showed visible improvement.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log in to RPM.
- Select Promotions -> Create Promotion.
- Enter data in promo header.
- Select Add Component.
- Enter data in promotion component, Component Type -> Simple.
- Press Next.
- Select two departments X,Y. Item level = Merchandise Hierarchy.
- Press Select.
- In location zone select one zone - Z
- Enter promo detail, Change Type = Percent off, Change Percent =20, Apply to= Regular and Clearance.
- Select Apply.
- Press Select All.
- Form Action select Approve and press Update button.
- On the informing screen press OK.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document