Invalid Error Message When Adding ORIN Item Type After Incorrect SSCC Item Type
(Doc ID 2484413.1)
Last updated on MARCH 07, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to adding new Oracle Retail Item Number (ORIN) type item in Retail Merchandising System (RMS) after invalid Serial Shipping Container Code (SSCC) item type, the following error occurs.
Error: The SSCC must be 18 characters in length.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Log in to RMS application.
2. Go to Tasks -> Items -> Create Item.
3. Fill in all required fields except for Number Type and Item.
4. Select SSCC Shipper Carton as Number Type.
5. Fill 'XXXX' as Item.
6. Notice that validation detected an error.
7. Change Number Type to Oracle Retail Item Number.
8. Click Ok.
9. Notice that although number was generated correctly validation error was repeated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document