Unable to Upload Attachments with CSV Files That Contain Special Characters When Performing a CSV Import
(Doc ID 2488503.1)
Last updated on MARCH 23, 2021
Applies to:Primavera Unifier - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Primavera Unifier Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When importing a .CSV file (which contains special characters in the attachment name) into a Business Process (BP) log to create new BP records, the CSV import wizard does not allow the file to be attached.
When attempting to drag the file into the upload window, an error is displayed: Not a Valid File
The expectation is that the attachment should get uploaded into the CSV import wizard so that the BP record creation will include the attachment.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to a Project/Shell.
- Use a BP that has Integration Interface configured.
- Export CSV Template in the BP Log.
- Populate columns in the CSV sheet to fill in Data Element fields.
- Add an attachment name in the last column of the sheet, which is used as a placeholder for attachment names.
- NOTE: Use a file name that has a special character
- Create a file using Notepad and name the file the same as the attachment name in the CSV file.
- In the Unifier BP Log, import the CSV file.
- On the Upload page: select the CSV file for import.
- On the Add Attachments page: the attachment name from the CSV file is picked up and listed on the page. Note that there is a garbage character in the name.
- Clicked +Add button: selected the notepad file.
- Nothing appears to happen. The Status of the file is still: "Waiting for the File"
- Attempt to drag the file into the upload window and observe the error: Not a Valid File.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use the CSV import functionality for create/attaching files to records when special characters are in the fie.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document