CM Does Not Switch Back To Primary EM Pointer In High Availability Architecture Of Real Time Pipeline
(Doc ID 2489273.1)
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 188.8.131.52.0 version, Pipeline Manager
In high availability(HA) architecture of real time pipeline, CM does not switch back to primary EM (external manager) pointer in below scenario. What is the reason ?
- Configured a CM to have fail-safe real time pipeline(RTP) pointer.
- The configuration looks like below:
- cm em_pointer discounting ip em1_host em1_port
- cm em_pointer discounting ip em2_host em2_port
- When em1 is up and running CM sends discounting requests to em1.
- If em1 is brought down CM starts sending requests to em2 which is configured as fail-safe EM.
- However after em1 is successfully restarted, CM does not switch back to em1, instead keeps sending requests to em2 which is supposed to be only fail-safe EM. Why?
Is there any CM pin.conf parameter to set RTP2 as fail-over real time pipeline for CM1 and RTP1 as primary real time pipeline and vice versa for CM2 in the below mentioned case:
- Server 1 with CM1 and RTP1
- Server 2 with CM2 and RTP2
- Essentially requirement is; how to achieve high availability for Real time Pipeline?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document