STORE_ITEM_STOCK_HISTORY Table Written With Incorrect Unit-Amount Late Adjustment Count During 3rd Party Stock Count
(Doc ID 2491340.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 14, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 16.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Retail Store Inventory Management (RSIM), during a 3rd Party All Departments/Auto-Authorize Unit and Amount Count, a set of inventory adjustments occurred after the snapshot was taken on the scheduled count date. At the completion of the count, the two inventory adjustment records on STOCK_COUNT_SALE are found to be eligible to record unit and amount late inventory adjustment corrections. QUANTITY_TOTAL in SIM correctly remains to the same values as what were authorized on the count and SIM.STORE_ITEM_STOCK_HISTORY table is updated to include entries reflecting the late inventory adjustments, however elements of the data that was recorded on SIM.STORE_ITEM_STOCK_HISTORY are incorrect.
Late STOCK IN Adjustments on stock_count_sale are being offset incorrectly with at REASON_CODE = 186/Unit and Amount Late Inventory Adjustment Increase SOH and the offset record is incorrectly being recorded with a positive QUANTITY_TOTAL instead of a negative.
Late STOCK OUT adjustments on stock_count_sale are being offset incorrectly with a REASON_CODE = 187/Unit and Amount Late Inventory Adjustment Decrease SOH. However, in this case the QUANTITY_TOTAL correctly records a positive value to offset the original negative quantity adjustment.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Schedule a 3rd Party Unit and Amount count - Auto Authorize - All Departments - SIM Configured for Daily Processing
2. On the scheduled count date, after the count extract, take an After Store Close Snapshot
3. While the unit/amount count is in progress perform a stock out adjustment with one item and a stock in adjustment with another. SIM will prompt the user that a stock count is in progress and asks if you would like to update the count. Select YES.
4. Capture STOCK_COUNT_SALE data. There should be a record for the stock-in and a record for the stock out.
5. The morning after the scheduled stock count, induct a third party count file and let auto authorization finalize the SIM count.
6. Verify that SIM SOH correctly match your test items' count quantities (or zero if you did not include the items in your count file)
7. Review STORE_ITEM_STOCK_HISTORY and verify that Late Adjustment records were written.
Note that the STOCK-IN item has a Late Adjustment with an incorrect reason code of 186 instead of 187 and that the quantity_total_delta was recorded as a positive value instead of a negative.
Note that the STOCK-OUT item has a Late Adjustment with an incorrect reason code of 187 instead of 186. The quantity_toal_delta is positive, which is correct.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document