OPA - Inferred Attribute Value Not Re-evaluated When Inferred Entity Instances Added
(Doc ID 2492078.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Policy Modeling - Version 12.2.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.7 version, Oracle Policy Automation
The rank evaluates properly for each instance initially but where there are entity instances which are inferred conditionally, the ranks for these instances are not correct. It appears the rule engine re-evaluates the membership rule and correctly infers the members of the relationship but does not re-evaluate inferred attribute that infers the rank form the number of current members in the relationship. Settings the rank attribute in the debugger will trigger the correct ranking.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Run the project in the debugger and select 'Yes' for the question 'Should item 3 be created?'
2. Click Next
3. On the Order Results screen, the Order is correctly listed.
4. Click Back and select 'No' for the same question and click Next.
5. Item 3 is now missing and the Order is correct for items 1, 2, 4 and 5.
6. Now go Back, select 'Yes' and click Next.
7. The order now displayed is incorrect, items 3 and 4 have the same rank of 3.
8. Settings the itemOrder attribute to unknown in the debugger for items 4 and 5 will trigger new think cycle to infer the correct value.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document