BRM PS21 Does Not Allow Discount Change Where PS14 Was Allowing It
(Doc ID 2494239.1)
Last updated on MARCH 06, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) version 22.214.171.124.0, after installaing PS21 does not allow discount change where PS14 did.
Error logged while changing the discount validity:
cycle_end_t cannot be before the purchase_start_t
<location=PIN_ERRLOC_FM:5 class=PIN_ERRCLASS_APPLICATION:4 errno=PIN_ERR_BAD_VALUE:46>
<field num=PIN_FLD_CYCLE_END_T:8,267 recid=0 reserved=0 reserved2=0 time(sec:usec)=1531132216:725850>
<facility=0 msg_id=91 version=1>
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create an account on 2019-02-02 and run make bill now on this account.
2. Change PVT to 2019-03-02 and run billing.
3. Change PVT to 2019-03-05.
4. Purchase a discount with start date set to 2019-03-05 midnight
5. Use PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SET_DISCOUNTINFO to set the discount PIN_FLD_CYCLE_END_T to 2019-03-05 midnight (but backdate the request to 2019-03-04 23:59:59 to simulate late command arriving)
6. Error observed while processing the PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SET_DISCOUNTINFO opcode: "cycle_end_t cannot be before the purchase_start_t" even if requested cycle_end_t is precisely equals to the purchase_start_t.
Note: The issue may not affect every discount.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document