Error: Updating Field "ActivityOwnerUserId" Failed for Activity "<Activity ID>" in Project "<Project ID>" Because For Input String: "", Using Global Search And Replace
(Doc ID 2494848.1)
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2020
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 188.8.131.52 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to update Activity Owner field values using Global Search and Replace, the following error occurs:
Job Status shows "failed".
The job log contains: Updating field "ActivityOwnerUserId" failed for Activity "<Activity ID>" in Project "<Project ID>" because For input string: ""
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Sign in to P6 Web.
- Browse to EPS Classic View.
- Select Actions, Global Search and Replace.
- Select the Project(s) that need updating (already has Activity Owner values assigned).
- Create a Replace Criteria of Activity Owner = <new Activity Owner>.
- Errors displayed on the Global Search and Replace job.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document