Error On CD_PER While Loading Dimension
(Doc ID 2495146.1)
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Advanced Spatial and Operational Analytics - Version 188.8.131.52.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.7 version, Install / Upgrade
Error on CD_PER while Loading Dimension
On our Fat server we received the following error.
Caused By: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-12899: value too large for column "DWSTAGE"."STG_1169"."PER_NAME" (actual: 68, maximum: 64)
User performed following steps to resolve this issue
1. Go to Designer Tab, Model, Shared folder, Dimensions and find CD_PER
2. Double click on CD_PER and select attribute tab
3. Increase the length of the column to 254 as per source DB CCB
4. Similarly go to staging folder under shared folder on same path Find CD_PER
5. Double click on CD_PER and select attribute tab
6. Increase the length of the column to 254 as per source DB CCB
7. Since the table is already created manually increase the size of the column ALTER TABLE DWSTAGE.STG_1169 MODIFY (PER_NAME VARCHAR2(254));
8. Same action for Warehouse schema for same reason ALTER TABLE DWADM.CD_PER MODIFY (PER_NAME VARCHAR2(254));
9. Regenerate scenario.
After above mentioned steps user run the package again for CD_PER and it executed successfully but user didn’t check the data and ignore package steps whether all the steps executed in package or not.
Now user are on UAT and we performed the similar steps assuming that FAT was fine, but user soon realized that package execution is successfully done but no records has been loaded in CD_PER dimension. On similar kind of SR on a fact table where due to old version user have old data stores and scenarios and we were getting the similar error like value too large so SR engineer provide us Data store for warehouse, staging and scenarios for view and fact package and our issue was resolved.
For this version user have a similar issue so Kindly provide us scenario for B1_D_PER_VW, B1_PKG_CD_PER and data stores for dimension CD_PER and staging STG_CD_PER or you can help me in below mentioned steps if we have to do anything else or some steps are missing?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document