Resources Allowed to Update Timesheets against Activities They Are Not Assigned as A Resource
(Doc ID 2495994.1)
Last updated on APRIL 03, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When adding an hour to the started activity (started in EPPM) it will allow users to save the timesheet changes for activities they are not assigned as a resource. In EPPM Approvals they see their "not submitted" timesheet with the other resource list (like in the video) and that resource has the hour.
Only assigned resources can modify timesheets against the activity.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login into P6 and save a timesheet for an activity.
- Change assignment resource for the activity.
- Refresh and notice the activity remains tied to the original resource.
- Add an hour to activity and click save.
- Click submit.
- Got to Approvals/Timesheets/All Timesheets and view the timesheet.
- Note the new resource is listed with 1 hour.
- Login as the new resource.
- Add the activity to a timesheet, add 1 hour, save and submit.
- Go to Approvals/Timesheets/All Timesheets and view the timesheet.
- The timesheet shows an activity with new resource assigned and 1 hour.
- Approve the timesheet for the original resource.
- Note the new resource shows the activity correctly with the 1 hour entered.
- Approve the timesheet for the new resource.
- Apply Actuals.
- Note: The activity shows 2 hours in actual units for the new resource.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document