Invalid Allowed Crew In Host Transaction Throws Nonsense Error Message
(Doc ID 2496325.1)
Last updated on MARCH 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Oracle Real-Time Scheduler - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The validation message is intuitive if the crew is invalid in the first Allowed Crew slot. If the Allowed Crew is invalid in any other slot than the first it will send a different message that makes it difficult to decipher what the true issue is.
If the host sends down a list of allowed crews with an activity (create/update) transaction to MWM and the first allowed crew is not found on the MWM Database then MWM throws a fairly straight forward error message stating the allowed crew is not found. If the "bad" allowed crew is second, or third, etc in the list (just not first) then the system throws an error message that doesn't make sense to the user and is incorrect.
Bad error message: Restriction type M1AC - Allowed Crew with value 593705665027 may not appear more than once
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1. Send down to MWM an activity create transaction.
2. Intentionally add a crew name to the allowed crews list that you know doesn't exist on MWM.
3. Now submit the transaction to MWM.
4. You should see a response back from MWM that the crew doesn't exist on MWM (which is good).
5. Now change the transaction to an update.
6. In the allowed crews list now put in a crew name in the first list item that you know does exist on MWM (case sensitive).
7. In the second list item put in a crew name that you know does not exist on MWM.
8. Submit the transaction.
9. You should see a negative response back from MWM but it won't say that the second crew name doesn't exist, instead it shows an error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document