Subtype Of Table Instances Created By View Programs Do Not Match View Program Subtype
(Doc ID 2497188.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 09, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Life Sciences Data Hub - Version 2.4.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Subtype of Table Instances created by View Programs do not match View Program subtype:
Having a view program with a subtype other then Default, when the program is installed, a Table Instance is created as the target, with a subtype of Default and not the subtype of the View Program.
Table should be populated, all objects should have the subtype of the View Program.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Subtype e.g. test99 for all object types and set it to Active
2. Create a Role named Test99Role, with the code SR and set it as Active
3. Assign Test99Role to the test99 subtype and grant all operations to Test99Role
4. Create a usergroup and add Test 99Role, add a user to the role in the usergroup
5. Assign adapter security to the usergroup (really only need View adapter)
6. Create a top level domain and assign subtype of Test99
7. Add usergroup to domain
8. Create an application area (subtype should be inherited as Test99)
9. Create 2 work areas WA1 and WA2. (again subtype should be Test99)
10. in WA1 create a Loadset and add any table descriptor (it makes not difference we just need a table)
11. Install WA1
12. Run Loadset
13. Table should be populated, all objects should have subtype Test99
14. In WA2 create a View program, subtype Test99
15. Add table in WA1 as source table descriptor
16. Add source code 'select * from <table>'
17. Install View program18. Target table instance has a subtype of Default and not Test99.
Installed a view program with a custom subtype.
A Table Instance is created as the target, with a subtype of Default, but not the subtype of the View Program.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document