Refund Event Assigned To Incorrect Bill
(Doc ID 2498826.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management(BRM), 126.96.36.199.0 version, Subscription Management
It is observed that Refund event assigned to incorrect bill.
When a product is purchased and cancelled on same day (Say 1st OCT), then charge event is getting associated to Nov Bill and corresponding refund event is getting associated to October bill. That is one is refunding the amount to customer first and in next bill trying to charge them, which is incorrect.
So basically the charge event is getting assigned to next bill, but the refund event is getting associated to current bill itself which is incorrect behavior.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create account, service on say (16-Oct-2018)
2) Purchased a MRC product(Say PP1), with CYCLE_START_T as 16-Oct-2019. That is cycle start must be in future while purchasing the product.
3) Move Virtual time to 1st Nov 2018
4) Perform partial billing [ Note: we have configured billing delay interval as 1 day]
5) Call PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SET_PRODINFO to set the CYCLE_START_T as 1st Nov 2018 10 AM, at this moment the MRC charges would have triggered and assigned to Nov bill
6) To cancel the purchased instance, Invoke PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SET_PRODINFO to set end date for the product, that is the CYCLE_END_T should 1st Nov 2018 10 AM.
7) Now the refund event would be triggered, but it is getting assigned to October bill itself.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document