Applying Over Adjustment On Charge Event When There Is Cancellation Exists On Charge Event
(Doc ID 2500160.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 10, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management(BRM) 220.127.116.11.0 version, Account Receivable,
1. On Jan 1, create account with MCF and charge as 10$
2. Bill the account on next BDOM and verify that bill amount is 20$
3. Move PVT to 15th Feb and Cancel the deal/product and it triggers prorated cancel charges.
4. Move PVT to next BDOM.
5. Search for both MCF events (dont include cancel charge) from Event browser
6. Check both events and apply select Adj Events from Edit Menu.
7. Now, select option Full amount from "Event Adjustment" window
8. Verify that the adjustment is applied 10$ for both of the events.
This causes over refund to customer and does not consider the cancel charges while applying adjustment on 2nd cycle charge event. Here the user see both charge and cancel events are adjusted when adjustment done from Event Browser.
In this case the expectation is that, it should not adjust the cancel event, instead consider the cancel event charges while adjusting the adjusting the charge event. For example,
Consider the Event Charge is: 15 and Cancel event charge is -9.19. Here Expected adjustment is not more than 5.81 (15-9.19).
Is there any mechanism exists to consider the cancel charges while adjusting the 2nd charge event? From Customer Center, only charge event is being adjusted and it would error out, if one try doing the adjustment more than 5.81.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document