Unconstrained Plan Creates Earlier Extra Planned Order For Supply When Firm Future Supply Is Available
(Doc ID 2500827.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5 version, Memory Based Planner in All instances
Users are on 12.2.5 running an unconstrained ASCP plan. They are seeing excess planned order created even though there is available supply in the following scenario:
There is a sales order for item = M5519*4432266 qty = 1 due 04-NOV-2019 and there's a firm wip job that was created using Autocreate FAS for this same sales order which was moved out to a future date of 09-DEC-2019 qty = 1. However the plan creates an additional planned order qty = 1 due 04-NOV-2019 thus total demand = 1 and total supply = 2. ASCP cannot schedule in the wip job because it's firm so it created the planned order. If the users set ASCP profile MRP:Create Time Fence to Yes it fixes the problem but that would affect every item/org in the plan run. The work order is reserved to the sales order but for unconstrained plans we only honor on hand reservations
Expect the extra planned order to not be created
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create configured sales order with date of 04-NOV-2019
2. Autocreate FAS to generate the work order which automatically is reserved to the sales order
3. Move the data of he WIP job to complete 09-DEC-2019 but don't move the sales order
4. Run data collections and unconstrained plan
5. Plan output show planned order generated to satisfy the sales order on 04-NOV-2019 and wip job pegs to excess
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document