Round UP Logic On CCR-I Is Not Working
(Doc ID 2501386.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Round UP Logic on CCR-I didn't happen for a voice call. During the CCR-I message, the max available unit is returned, without taking into account the round up fractional value.
On the CCR-Terminate request, ECE rounds UP 128sec to 180seconds(round up to nearest min) and rates the usage for 180 seconds hence the prepaid balance is going positive.
The Round Up fractional value should be considered on CCR-I message so that the prepaid balance should remain negative.
For this particular case, GSU should be 120 seconds (because the customer doesn’t have balance for 180 seconds to round it UP to nearest minute)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
• Call rate is set to 21MVR/min =0.35MVR /second
• Customer has as balance of -45 MVR(Prepaid Credit Balance)
• Initiate a voice call and CCR-I is triggered with RSU as 600seconds
• The pricing logic is to ROUND_UP to nearest minute.
• The expectation is, since the customer's balance can only allow a call of 128 seconds, the GSU should be 120 seconds(because the customer doesn’t have balance for 180 seconds to round it UP to nearest minute)
• But ECE gives 128 seconds of GSU and gives a FUI.
• Now, OC3C comes back with 128 seconds USU TERMINATE request.
• On Terminate request ECE rounds UP 128sec to 180seconds(round up to nearest min) and rates the usage for 180 seconds hence the prepaid balance is going +ve.
• After this call the customer balance is 18units +ve balance which is not expected for prepaid customers).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document