Item Creation Screen Get Stuck With Error "Error: Invalid Check Digit. Try Again"
(Doc ID 2503435.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In RMS item creation screen, when getting the error "Error: Invalid Check Digit. Try Again" the application get "stuck" and user is not able to create an item of the type "Oracle Retail Item Number"
Error: Invalid Check Digit. Try Again
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Access to the item creation screen and fill all the necessary fields except the description fields
- Add a number to the item number generated. Add also the description text and click in accept.
The system will show the error indicating that the item number add more than 9 characters.
- Remove a number, in order to have 9 characters.
The system will show the error "Error: Invalid Check Digit. Try Again"
- In order to "clean" the error and generate a new item number, choose another item type.
- Now back to the item type "Oracle Retail Item Number".
A new item number should be generated. But despite of the new number, the error persists.
- Even if you click in "Cancel" to get out of the screen and get back again and fill all fields from the begin the issue persists.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document