Batch BCU2 does not copy Foreign Key Characteristic values from the Billable Charge Line Upload Characteristics (CI_B_LN_UP_CHAR) to Billable Charge Line Characteristics (CI_B_LN_CHAR)
(Doc ID 2508495.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 2.4 to 2.5]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : Customer Care and Billing, BI - Billing
Batch BCU2 does not copy Foreign Key Characteristic values from the Billable Charge Line Upload Characteristics (CI_B_LN_UP_CHAR) to Billable Charge Line Characteristics (CI_B_LN_CHAR).
BCU1 batch should cover validations when the Billable Charge Line Upload Characteristic is of Foreign Key Value characteristic type.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set - up three (3) characteristic types (Adhoc Value, Foreign Key Value, Predefined Value). Make sure each one has the same Characteristic Entities
2. Add a Billable Charge Upload Staging record. This will be in Pending status.
3. Add three characteristics on the Line tab, populate values.
4. Submit a BCU1 batch job to perform validations on the Billable Charge Upload Staging records. Then, run BCU2 batch to add billable charges using the data from the staging table.
5. Verify that Billable Charge has been created (ID populated)
6. Check the new Billable Charge. On Line Characteristics tab, verify that the value of the Foreign Key characteristic is missing.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document