Undeclared Fields on Client Screen Go Blank When Saved
(Doc ID 2509835.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Insurance Policy Administration J2EE - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11 version, Activity
In a configured Client Screen with fixed fields, if you hit the save button, the fixed fields that are not configured are blank.
If a field is not configured in a screen, the expectation would be that it will not be blank when the screen is saved.
We use an on-boarding of Agents via AsFile that may set some fixed fields that are not required by the screen and when I save the client, those fields are blank.
In v10.2.0.20,this behavior did not occur.
in v11, need to adjust all the screens to have all the fixed fields configured and set to hidden, which is not acceptable and too dangerous to lose data.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Using the Client Screen as an example. I included an xml file of a Client Screen with only some fixed fields in it.
2. Create a new client via AsFile or directly in the schema. Be sure to fill all the fixed fields in AsClient.
3. Use the attachment (ClientScreen.xml) or another with only a few fixed fields configured and hit the save button on the Client Screen.
4. All the fields field not configured gets blank. In my case, it clears required fields for the client search and my client disappears from searches.
5. See in the schema the AsClient row for the client and see that all the fixed fields are now blanked.
The issue has the following business impact:
Blocks migration Project to V11.2
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document