Error: "Unique Constraint (Parent,project Id,wbs Name) Violated," When Running Update Baseline.
(Doc ID 2510288.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 15.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to Update Baseline, the following error occurs:
Update Baseline Log:
----- SEVERE ----- Errors located: WBS Name: Unique constraint (Parent,Project ID,WBS Name) violated. The value "XXXXXXXX" of the field WBS Name already exists.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Sign in to P6 Pro.
- Create a new Project ("X").
- Add 2 WBS' ("1" & "2" for both Code and Name).
- Save a copy of the Current Project as a Baseline.
- Change WBS code for "1" to "3".
- Change WBS code for "2" to "1".
- Change WBS code for "3" to "2".
- Run Update Baseline with "Project Details" as the only option checked ("Run optimized" unchecked, "All Activities" radio button selected).
- The Update will fail with an error "Unique constraint (Parent,ProjectID,WBS Name) violated. The value of the field WBS Name already exists."
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document