Catch Weight Indicator Enabled For Complex Packs During Item Creation
(Doc ID 2512829.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 16.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to create a complex pack as Catch Weight, the "Catch Weight" indicator doesn't become disabled and the user can check it. Only after all the information is entered and when the user tries to create the Item, the system returns an error, mentioning that Complex Packs can't be created as Catch Weight. The system should not allow the "Catch Weight" indicator to be checked after the "Complex Pack" value was selected for field since RMS does not allows Complex Packs to be created as Catch Weight.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Log in RMS;
- Go to tasks -> Items -> Create Item.
- On “Create Item” dialog, select the value “Complex Pack” on the “Type” attribute
- Notice that the following indicators become enabled: Sellable, Orderable and Inventoried. The indicator “Catch Weight” should have become disabled, since is not possible to create Catch Weight Complex Packs.
- Check the indicator “Catch Weight” and enter the remaining information
- Press “OK” and the error message “A catchweight item cannot be non-orderable, non-inventory, consignment department and complex pack.” is displayed, meaning that catch weight Items cannot be create as a Complex Pack.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document