Incorrect Discount Amount Is Calculated When a Discount Is Applied On a Backdated Cycle Forward Monthly Charge
(Doc ID 2513477.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 7.5.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1) Create a 50% discount on a cycle forward monthly event.
2) Create an account on 1st Jan 2019
3) move pin_virtual_time to 1st Feb 2019 and run billing
4) move pin_virtual_time to 1st March 2019 and run billing
5) Move pin_virtual_time to 7th March 2019 and purchase cycle_forward_monthly product with effective date from 7th Jan 2019 (i.e backdated purchase), this subscription product charges 10000 $ per month. This action triggers 3 individual "/event/billing/product/fee/cycle/cycle_forward_monthly" events.
event 1: /event/billing/product/fee/cycle/cycle_forward_monthly from 7th Jan 2019 to 31st Jan 2019 with charge as 8064.52 and scale 0.8064516129032
event 2: /event/billing/product/fee/cycle/cycle_forward_monthly from 1st Feb 2019 to 28th Feb 2019 with charge as 10000 and scale 1
event 3: /event/billing/product/fee/cycle/cycle_forward_monthly from 1st March 2019 to 31st March 2019 with charge as 10000 and scale 1
6) purchase the discount created on step1 on the current date i.e on 7th March 2019. This discount is active from 1st march 2019 as the discount proration rules are set to charge for the complete cycle. This action triggers one cycle_forward_monthly event to give 50% discount on event 3 above.
Expected results: Discount shall be applied on the March month cycle forward event, which has a charge of 10000 $. 50% of discount on 10000 $ shall be -5000$.
Actual results: Discount of -5178.57 is applied on the March month cycle forward event of 10000 $.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document