CREDIT_CEILING_BREACH and Set CRC Balance with Positive Value ehen Using Exchange
(Doc ID 2513723.1)
Last updated on MAY 04, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Inside the extension cache, the ExchangeRate value is 558.39.
- Inside Pricing Design Center (PDC), the ChargeOffer (CO) is with ImpactCategory 2.13435 USD amount (unit x minute).
1) Before the call, balance state: Prepaid balance (PPB)=-1000.0, resource CRC=0.0
2) Starts the call, Diameter GateWay (DGW) received a Credit Control Request (CCR), DGW sends CCR to ECE, ECE uses out-of-box code.
Javahook Rating gets ExchangeRate (558.39) using CO amount x minute (2.13435), authorizes 50 secs, and returns it in Usage Response indicating "CREDIT_CEILING_BREACH, FINAL_UNIT_INDICATOR", finally ends the call.
3) After the call, balance state: PPB=-0.0, CRC=191.79970
The problem is with CRC balance because it is a Prepaid scenario and CRC always be 0 to works fine.
CRC with positive value corrupts the account which is denying the future calls, and adjustment is needed to solve it. In most cases, it works fine, but in some cases, the CRC positive problem leads the account being recreated.
In the section of Javahook Rating extension, it is doing multiplication using exchange rate value: 558.39*2.13435=1191.7997, and discounting 1000 from PPB (correct); however, it sets 191.79970 to CRC balance, which is incorrect.
In this case, it is expected that ECE should discard the call because the amount in PPB before the call is lower than the minimum amount allowed in the charge offer configuration when using rating by minute.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document