Internal Sales Orders - Intransit Lead Times Setup Steps for Available to Promise (ATP), Global Order Promising (GOP) and ASCP Planning
(Doc ID 251449.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Global Order Promising - Version 12.0.3 and later
Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 12.0.3 and later
Oracle Order Management - Version 12.0.3 and later
Oracle Service Parts Planning - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This will demonstrate the key setups to allow Internal Orders to be created successfully with correct Scheduled Ship Date and Arrival Date, showing the offset of the transit time between organizations..
The Need By Date on the Internal Requisition should be the Arrival Date for the Internal Sales Order.
The Scheduled Ship Date should be offset by the Default Ship Method in the Transit Times setup.
The ASCP Plan should plan and respect the Shipping Method setup in the Sourcing Rule for the item
Additionally, starting in 11.5.10 with the new calendar functionality, we have related articles to help manage this functionality with specific calendars controlling when orders are shipping, transited and received.
This article assumes that the basic setups have been completed for the following:
- Locations setup – Inventory>Setup>Organizations>Locations
- Organization setup – Inventory>Setup>Organizations
- Freight Carriers and assignments – Inventory>Setup>Freight Carriers
-- Ship Methods are created here and assigned to the organizations
- Customer setup including names, addresses
Optionally, starting in 11.5.10, the Carrier transit time can be managed by a calendar when profile MSC: Use Shipping/Receiving Calendars = Yes
- If your carrier does not work 24x7, then assign an appropriate calendar to the Trading Partner - Carrier / Calendar Usage – Carrier.
- The most common case is carrier moves only 5 days, like a 5 day Org calendar – so assigning the Org calendar to the Carrier makes sure the transit days that cross over the weekend do not include the weekends.
- NAV: Order Management>Setup>Shipping>Calendars>Assign
- <Note 436771.1> - FAQ - Understanding the ATP Results and the Availability Window of the Sales Order Form. This has information on Calendar setups and for shipping/receiving/transit on using the advanced calendar functionality under the following Q/AHow Can I Setup Calendars To Ship to Customers Only On Certain Days Of The Week?
How Can I Setup Carrier Transit Calendar and Customer Receiving Calendar?
When Forecasts and multi-org ASCP Plans are also part of the planning cycle, then customers may have concerns about whether ATP is performed on Internal Sales Orders.
IF an ASCP ATP plan has planned for the all the orgs in a shipping network, THEN it is not necessary to perform ATP on the resulting Internal Sales Order when it is created.
<Note 558908.1> discusses the profiles that control this functionality.
Transit Times setup for Shipping from Organizations to Customers
This setup and functionality is discussed in <Note 262124.1>
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document