Install Events Created By Meter Exchange Field Activities Set Installation Constant Incorrectly
(Doc ID 2515212.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 05, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Install Events created by meter exchange field activities set Installation Constant to 1
There is an issue with Install Events created by meter exchange field activities using the D1-InstallDevice completion event. Install Events created by the D1-InstallDevice completion event do not correctly set the Installation Constant to that of the previous Install Event’s constant upon being executed; instead the new Install Event’s Installation Constant is set to 1.
Steps to Recreate the Issue
1. Configure a new field task type for a meter exchange on the D1-FieldTaskTypeLookup extendable lookup that includes D1-InstallDevice among its completion events when successful.
2. Locate a Service Point with an active meter currently installed and Installation Constant greater than 1, and note the MDM Service Point ID
3. Create a new exchange meter Field Activity for the Service Point in Main>Communication>+Activity, Field Activity Type Orchestrator. In the resulting screen, input the following:
a. Service Date Time: input date for meter exchange
b. Service Point: input MDM Service Point ID noted in step 2
c. Field Task Type: input field task type for Exchange Meter configured in step 1
d. Click save
4. Locate a meter that is not currently installed to be used in the meter exchange
5. Create an inbound communication containing the meter exchange details using XAI Submission, or via manual creation in MDM
For XAI Submission - Prepare an Inbound Communication message for the meter exchange. Save and process the inbound communication to create completion events
6. Validate that the Inbound Communication is completed, and that the meter exchange is completed
7. Validate that the new Installation Constant is set to 1 rather than the Installation Constant of the previous meter
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document