Create Object Event Notification Is Not Sent for Object Created by Save As
(Doc ID 2516789.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 220.127.116.11 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Create object event is not triggered when object is created by Save As. Due to this, user cannot receive an email for the object created by Save As
Create object event to be triggered when object is created by Save As, so that the user can receive an email to understand which object was newly created by Save As
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login to Java Client as admin user, goto Admin tab > System Settings > Event Management > Events, and create two events:
Create Object : Change Request
Save As Object : Change Request
- Goto System Settings > Notification, and create a new Notification for Change Request. Set To user to: user1
- Goto System Settings > Event Management > Event Subscribes, and create two subscribers:
CreateECRNotification: Event Type: Create Object, Event Handler: Notification created in step 2
SaveAsECRNotification: Event Type: Save As Object, Event Handler: Notification created in step 2
- Login to Web Client
- Create new ECR1
- Check History of ECR1, and see CreateECRNotification was triggered. User receives notification also
- From the ECR1, perform Save As. ECR2 gets created.
- Check History of ECR1, and see SaveAsECRNotification was triggered. User receives notification also
- Check History of ECR2. Do not see CreateECRNotification triggered. User does not receive notification for this ECR2
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document