Named Event Math Error When DSR In Play
(Doc ID 2520316.1)
Last updated on MAY 12, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control - Version 5.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Network Charging and Control (NCC) 5.0.1 version, Billing Engine
When using a Named Event with time cost and balance(s) with display-to-spend ratio ~= 1, the VWS gets the math wrong.
Instead of multiplying the balance to be debited by the DSR before subtracting (events x event cost), the VWS multiplies (events x event cost) by the display to spend ratio. This produces an incorrect result.
Here the user would like to make use of balance type cascades, so they have to create additional configuration to duplicate the cascade configuration, and then loop through all buckets of all balances doing the calculations for each bucket until they had deducted enough.
Here the calculation does is (balance) * 100 - (events x cost) * 100 * DSR
The calculation should be (balance) * 100 * DSR - (events x cost) * 100.
The above calculation is simplified to assume that a single balance can satisfy the entire deduction. In reality, it has to repeat that calculation for each balance as it work the way down the cascade.
Here the expectation regarding the charging are that the display to spend ratio for each balance in the cascade is honored. If one ask to debit X seconds from a balance and that balance has a DSR of Y, then X/Y units should be deducted. If more than one balance is required to satisfy the entire amount of X, then the DSR of each balance in the cascade should be honored.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Define one or more time balances with display-to-spend ratio > 1
2. Define a Named Event to charge 1 second of time
3. Diff in MB x200 to get the amount in seconds to debit
4. Save seconds amount in profile tag
5. Balance type cascade override to the appropriate cascade for the primary account, which includes balances with DSR > 1
6. Execute Named Event reading number of events from profile tag --> should debit (1s x number events)
7. Check how the amount is calculated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document