MDM Errors When a UT (usage transaction) Is Created For A Device Removed In Between UT period And A New Meter Is Not Installed At The Service Point.
(Doc ID 2523918.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 21, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Validate Install and Get Scalar Details Usage Rule return SQs when meter is removed.
In MDM, a meter is removed in between UT period and a new meter is not installed at the service point. When a UT is created for the above device, it will calculate the usage till the meter removal date instead of throwing an error message that meter is not installed at the service point.
This happens when a combination of below usage rules are used -
1. Check existence of installed meter.
2. Get scalar details
Error - Usage period is created only till period when meter is installed at service point.
1. Setup a usage group with the 2 rules -
• Check Existence of Installed Device• Get Scalar Details
2. Create a Usage Subscription with one SP (set the usage group directly on the US).
3. Set up a device, device configuration, and Measuring Component (non-consumptive scalar KWH).
4. Install the meter some time in the past.
5. Remove the meter from the SP on certain date.
6. Bill the customer/create a Usage Transaction with a UT start prior to the removal and a UT end date after the removal. Ensure you have a read for the bill start and the meter removal.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document