On a Return Transaction, Discount By Transaction Amt is Not Validated Against the "MaximumTransactionDiscountAmount/Percent" Value
(Doc ID 2527850.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Retail Point of Service (ORPOS), Discount by transaction Amt is not validated against the Maximum Transaction Discount Amount/Percent value on the Return Transaction.
Steps to Reproduce:
Pre-requisites: Make "MaximumTransactionDiscountAmount/Percent" parameter value to 0
1. Login to POS.
2. Click on Return (F2)
3. Select No Receipt (F3).
4. Enter an item Ex: 1234 and click Enter.
5. Select any Reason Code.
6. Select No for Restocking Fee.
7. Add a customer.
8. Go to Pricing(F8) -> Discount (F4)
9. Select % transaction . Enter any percentage and Reason code.
10. "Invalid Discount Notice" displayed with below error message:
The discount amount must be greater than or equal to zero, and less than or equal to 0% of the transaction being discounted. Press Enter to return to the previous screen.
11. Click Undo and again click Pricing(F8) -> Discount (F4).
12. This time select F3(Amt transaction).
13. Enter amount of 8.00 and select a reason code and click Enter.
14. No Invalid discount screen appears here.
The parameter "MaximumTransactionDiscountAmount/Percent" set to '0', however the application is not validating the Discount by transaction Amt at all. The maximum discount amount should be 0, but the error is saying "The discount amount must be greater than or equal to zero".
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document