Sub Balances Are Not Updated At Group Owner Balance Group Level Due To Concurrency
(Doc ID 2528902.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) version 188.8.131.52.0, during concurrent updates to the balance group from multi-threaded applications (MTA), the lock is not happening correctly. When the billing or purchases/cancel happens in parallel, the user sees that the values are being overwritten by missing balance group updates at the group owner level for some of the members.
It is expected that all the balance impact should updated correctly.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
Here the scenario where multiple accounts are part of Discount Sharing Group (DSG) where certain value is getting rolled up to the group owner.
1. Discount sharing Group Owner Account POID: 21014246
2. Group Member Account POIDs: 20870371, 20950730
3. Non Currency Resource Balance being rolled up to owner: 5000007
4. The following are the operations happening in parallel for Group Member Account 20870371, 20950730
a. Cancel the deal which will have the cycle forwarded prorated and it is rolled up to the group owner
5. The final value of non-currency balance 5000007 should be 262.5 - 52.5 - 26.25 = 183.75, however user sees missing -52.5 from the update which is resulted from the cancel of product at group member account 20870371
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document