Duplicate Project ID In P6 Web When Restoring A Baseline Using P6 Web Services
(Doc ID 2529958.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 09, 2019
Applies to:Primavera Web Services - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On P6 EPPM 188.8.131.52, when Restoring a Baseline using P6 Web Services to restore a baseline from a project, using the baseline service, when the baseline is restored as a separate project in P6, P6 Web UI shows duplicate project IDs (its Id changes and becomes same as project Id)
There is a project named "Proj A" with a baseline "Proj A - B1". When we restore "Proj A - B1" as project, in P6 web it displays the project Id as "Proj A" instead of "Proj A - B1" and hence looks duplicate but it is actually NOT a duplicate ID.
1. The project Id already exists and its baseline is restored as a project.
2. The project Ids are actually different after the baseline restoration. This was confirmed by following these steps:
a. reading the restored baseline project Id via a webservice.
b. reading the proj_short_name field in DB.
c. checked the same project Ids via P6 client.
3. The duplicate Ids are visible only via P6 web.
A restored baseline should keep the uniqueness of the Id, and not to be the same as its parent Id in web.
1. Create a project in P6 Web
2. Save the project as baseline
3. Restore the baseline
4. Observe the baseline ID becomes the same with its parent.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document