Error 'Your password is incorrect' When Attempting to Create a New Password in P6 Professional After Resetting the Password to NULL
(Doc ID 2530777.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 18.8 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to login and create a new password via P6 Professional, after resetting the password to NULL, the following error is received:
Your password is incorrect. Please try again.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Reset the SQLite DB P6 Professional password via instruction found in NOTE 1967526.1 - How to Reset an Application User's Password in P6 Professional Using SQLite.
2. Login to P6 Professional.
3. Select Edit > User Preferences > Password tab.
4. Click the Password button.
5. Attempt to select the New Password or Confirm new password box, while leaving the Please enter your current password box blank.
6. Observe the reported error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!