Authorized Quantity is not Getting Updated Correctly for Serialized Items On a Stock Count
(Doc ID 2533223.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 12, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 16.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
For a Third Party Stock Count, when ‘Update Auth Qty’ button is pressed on the 'Stock Count Authorization' screen, it updates the 'Authorized Qty' column with the 'Count Qty' value for each item. However, once the Stock Count is completed, the Stock on Hand(SOH) values do not get updated for Non-serialized items.
Steps To Recreate:
- Create a Unit type Product Group with counting method as ‘Third Party’ and Variance SUOM as 0. Add some serialized items to this product group.
- Create a Product Group Schedule and schedule this product group for today so that it will generate the stock count record immediately.
- Create the count details file appropriately as per your store/item/stock count ID details. Now upload the Third Party Stock Count file by running the ThirdPartyStockCountImport.sh batch.
- The Stock Count would go into ‘Authorize New’ phase once this batch runs successfully.
- Now, on the ‘Child Stock Count List’ screen, click ‘Authorize’. user will be taken to the ‘Stock Count Authorization’ screen.
- Here, choose a child count from the drop down and click on ‘Search’. You will get to see a list of all items in that Child Count. Note that the ‘Authorized Qty’ column in the table is blank.
- Now click on ‘Update Auth Qty’ button. It will show following prompt. Click ‘Yes’.
- User will see that ‘Authorized Qty’ column gets updated with the counted value.
- At this point, if user go ahead and confirm the child, user will see that even after the stock count completes, these Unique Identity Number(UIN) don’t become ‘In Stock’
- Instead of confirming the child at this point, user can try double clicking on the ‘UIN Qty’ column. Double-clicking on UIN Qty column loads the ‘Authorization Detail’ dialog which displays information about the Serial Numbers. User will see that the table shows Count Qty as 1 but Auth Qty as 0 despite ‘Update Auth Qty’ button being clicked already.
- Click ‘Cancel’ on this ‘Authorization Detail’ dialog box to close the UIN details screen and return back to Stock Count Authorization screen. It still shows value in ‘Authorized Qty’ column equal to the ‘Count Qty’ value despite the ‘Authorization Detail’ UIN dialog box in above step showing Auth Qty as 0 for each serial number.
- Go ahead and confirm the child and complete the stock count.
- Notice, the User will see that SOH for this serialized item remains same as what it was before the count (It was 0 in this case before the count and it is seen as 0 even after the count). Also, instead of these UINs becoming ‘In Stock’, they stay in ‘Removed from Inventory’ status as that was their status before the Stock Count.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document