Potential 'System Change Number' (SCN) / database link connectivity issues with older versions of the Oracle Database.
(Doc ID 2536259.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Clinical - Version 4.6 and later
Oracle Clinical Remote Data Capture Option - Version 4.6.0 and later
Oracle Thesaurus Management System - Version 4.6.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The purpose of this note is to provide details on a potential issue which can surface from June 2019 onwards and affect the interoperability of database links between older and newer RDBMS versions. The following notes provide more details / what action should be taken :
- FAQ & Reference: Recommended patching and actions for Oracle database versions 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199 and earlier - before June 2019 (Doc ID 2335265.1)
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Recommended patches and actions for Oracle databases versions 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 and earlier – before June 2019 (Doc ID 2361478.1)
Some Oracle Clinical releases are certified with affected RDBMS versions i.e
- OC/RDC 4.6, TMS 4.6.1 are certified with RDBMS 220.127.116.11.0
- OC/RDC 4.6.5, TMS 4.6.5 are certified with RDBMS 18.104.22.168
- OC/RDC 5.1, TMS 5.1 are certified with RDBMS 22.214.171.124
and database links can exist in such environments (i.e replication is set up). Also there maybe a custom setup in place which extracts data from say a source Oracle Clinical '126.96.36.199' database using database links and the target database pulling the data is running on say rdbms 188.8.131.52. In such cases the required patches should be applied.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document