Suspension/Un-suspenion On Billing Day, Resets Product Counter
(Doc ID 2536652.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, Subscription Management
Consider a product which has two counters, and these counters increments / decrements with each passing bill cycle.
If suspension / un-suspension happens on the account, any other day then billing day. it does not affect counter, but if it happens on billing day, it resets the counter, causing incorrect charge to customer.
Steps to replicate:
1. Create an account. (For ex, on Dec-18-2018)
2. Purchased deals and discount
3. Bill for the cycle, that is on Jan-07-2019
4. Bill for second cycle, that is on Feb-07-2019
5. Line Suspended on the billing-day, 7th Feb (It sets validity in bal_grp_sub_bals_t)
6. Line Unsuspended on the same day.(FEB-07)
7. Bill for next cycle on Mar-07-2019
8. Line suspended on Mar-09-2019(non-billing-day)
9. Line Unsuspended on Mar-09-2019(non-billing-day)
10. Billed on Apr-07-2019
Here If the services are suspended / unsuspended, it should not reset the counters.The product counters tracks period and associated penalty to be charged to customer.
For instance,if its first month
Amount = 1200
For next month, Amount would decrease with 100 and counter will increase by 1.So, lets consider if customer cancel services , these counters will show how much penalty to be charged.
But, the counters gets reset if services are suspended.And counters get reset only if suspension happens on billing day, else counters does not get reset.
Question: How to overcome the above scenario?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document