Exporting CSV File of Search Results With Microsoft Edge Browser Results To Garbled Character Included In File Name
(Doc ID 2539688.1)
Last updated on JULY 01, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Agile PLM Framework - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Exporting CSV file of search results in Web Client with Microsoft Edge Browser results in having garbled character included in CSV file name.
The csv file cannot open directly through Excel application when using MS Edge browser as it results in error message.
1. This issue occur when users language is set to Japanese and Encode Type is set to Japanese (Shift JIS).
2. It will generate csv file name : õÊ.csv
3. This issue will not occur for other browsers like IE11, Firefox
Sorry, we could not find õÊ.csv. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted?
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login to Web Client in Japanese user with MS Edge browser
2. Go to my settings > Preferences and setup language : Japanese and Encode Type : Japanese (Shift JIS).
3. Relogin to Web Client with same Japanese user
4. Use quick search to display search result showing many record
5. More > Export (csv)
6. Click open for generated csv file : õÊ.csv (which the file name is garbled)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document