Questions Regarding The Password Fields In The BRM 12.0 Silent Installation Response File
(Doc ID 2540152.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 18, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
From Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) version 220.127.116.11 and up, the software can now be installed silently with a response file.
By default, the response file contains three types of password fields (per password):
- The initial password entry
- Confirmation of the password
- An encrypted equivalent of the password ("*_ENC suffix")
Based on this:
1. Are the plaintext passwords necessary (initial and confirmation) if the "*_ENC" password is provided?
2. How are the passwords encrypted to use in this field?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document