ESI Library Is Unable To Authenticate To IBFA When Windows Authentification Is Activated
(Doc ID 2541036.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 29, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Insurance Insbridge Rating and Underwriting - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 184.108.40.206.0 version, Framework Administrator IBFA
ESI Library is unable to authenticate to IBFA when Windows Authentification is activated
- 401 Unauthorized is sent to the ESI Tester client or to our program with the WWW-Authenticate header (Negotiate and NTLM in this case)
- The ESI Library doesn't handle the 401 Unauthorized authentication protocol request and the program crashes.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Enable Network Login for an account in RateManager
2) Force Windows authentication in IBFA
3) With ESI Tester, do a network login, then load ENVs, select an Environment and click on Get SRP List
4) An error prompt will appear in the console
Another way to test with a simple .NET app:
(with Network Login still enabled)
1) Create the rm object with: var rm = new RateManager(suscriberID, "<server_name>");
2) Create a IBFA object with: new FrameworkAdministrator("<api_key>", suscriberID, "<server_name>");
3) Get your SRP with a code like this one: var srps = ibfa.GetSRPList(rm.GetAvailableEnvironments(), 0);
4) Run the program and your code will crash at the GetSRPList Line
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot authenticate to IBFA with ESI Library when Windows Authentication is activated.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document