Item Types Are Not Affecting After Changing in Config_item_types from Cumulative to Individual
(Doc ID 2542670.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 02, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Config item types are set for the usage events by setting pre-create= false and type= individual in the file config_item_types.xml. This file is loaded into Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM) Database (DB). When passing any usage/delayed events for the Pipeline, the expectation is that for each of the usage event, there should be a new usage /item to be created and the event charge should go into the same. But, there is no new /item getting created; instead, all the events charges are going into the same /item.
Since pre-create= false and type= individual, it is expected to have new /item created for each of the usage event.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set pre-create= false and type= individual for delayed event in config_item_types.xml and load the same.
2. Restart BRM and Pipeline instance(s).
3. Create account with the product having the event and service for which changes are done in step 1.
4. Pass the 2 or 3 usages. Check the rated outfile, it showing same /item poid for all the usages.
5. Load the rated output via pin_rel and check /event obj still shows the same /item poid.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document