ECE Allows Rating When Life Cycle State Change to Suspended Theft During the Traffic Session
(Doc ID 2543105.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 19, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Communications BRM - Elastic Charging Engine - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Following scenario is executed:
- Diameter session starts with Initial, send 8 Updates and summarize with Terminate
- Between 3rd and 4th Updates, Diameter request time period has been set to 120s and during this time Customer/Product LifeCycle State is changed from 201 to 204 (by a call from Billing and Revenue Management(BRM))
- LifeCycle change is processed successfully and synchronized in Elastic Charging Engine(ECE) cache (Customer cache shows LifeCycle State new value equal to 204)
- To be noted that LifeCycle change has been done in the middle of the 120s time interval (between 3rd and 4th Updates)
- The problem is that the 4th UPDATE_REQUEST is not rejected by ECE but new quota is granted and session is continuing for all next upcoming Requests
- It was observed that if LifeCycle change is done immediately after 3rd UPDATE_REQUEST, 4th UPDATE is rejected
4th UPDATE REQUEST has to be rejected and session should stop as LifeCycle moved to 204
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document