An Alternative To OIPA Maps Enhancement Request
(Doc ID 2546043.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 23, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Insurance Policy Administration J2EE - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is a misconception that OIPA Maps are not sustainable or performant for a large project size. There has been some negative feedback on using custom DB tables to replace maps and so, the customer is looking for an alternative solution to both of these. The thinking here is that there will be a need a very large number of parameters/maps and will have big transactions running on many policies during cycle. Constantly hitting the Database to retrieve the same kind of information is just not efficient.
Here are some of the things the customer is looking for:
- All of the flexibility Maps currently provide
- Ability to create and update Company/Product/Plan parameters using a third party tool that they are developing internally (''Pilot'')
- Ability for OIPA to access these parameters in memory. i.e They never want to hit the Database.
- Ability to have the value of any parameter at any point in time so that Undo/Redo processing is unaffected.
Some thoughts coming out of our brainstorming sessions:
- Store these parameters as XML in Functions or Copybooks or even some new BusinessRuleTypeCode. We were assuming that these rules all get cached and we could access the parameters with XPATH Type MathVariables.
- Store these parameters as XML in AsPlan.XMLData.
- The ''Pilot'' tool being developed would update these XML files with new parameters, while keeping track of the history for Undo/Redo processing.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document