Stock Count Snapshot is Not Updated Properly for the Open Stock Count When a Sale or Return is Processed
(Doc ID 2546175.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 12, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Store Inventory Management - Version 13.2.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Stock count snapshot is not updated properly for the open stock when a sale or return is processed, and this is impacting stock on hand.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Modify settings: System Admin > Stock Count > Updating Stock On Hand = Discrepant Items Only
- Create Product Group: Unit with Variance 0, unguided, no hierarchy brake-down, re-count discrepancy on one store
- Select two items for stock count that are not included in any other stock count .
- Capture SOH before start of stock count.
- Scheduling the Product Group in SIM.
- Go to Stock Count Screen.
- Take Snapshot by clicking 'Take Snapshot' Button
- Enter Physical Count Qty: Physical count = Snapshot value for 1 and Physical Count different for Snapshot value for the second.
- Click on complete. Complete the count.
- Now the status changed to re-count: Items left to count 1 because we checked the option `Re-Count Discrepencies' in Step 2
Observe PHYS_COUNT_TIME is NULL for the discrepant item.
- Go for re-count. Now the detail screen will show only Discrepant Item. Take snapshot, enter the Re-Count Qty and click on Done.
- Meanwhile if any sales happen, it is updating the snapshot qty.Note that the sales happens before actual recount (use is putting some values, but did not save or close the screen).
- Complete recount and observe a wrong adjustment is getting posted (There is a a reversal in snapshot qty when pressing complete) that it's impacting the inventory and stock ledger.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document