ReSA 'SKU_NOT_FOUND' Error Due to Incorrect Generated item_seq_no For Voided Item
(Doc ID 2546205.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Sales Audit - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an item is sold/return and then voided, transaction-items fails in ReSA with error 'sku_not_found' for these item.
If user tries to clear the 'sku_not_found' error from ReSA application with some valid item code for both sale/return it creates a new record in SA_TRAN_ITEM and deletes the original item_SeQ_no for that voided item where as in SA_TRAN_IGTAX original item_Seq_no remains.
In ReSA application, it seems perfectly fine but in backend(resa tables) no corresponding record is created in SA_TRAN_IGTAX. In all the further flows it reflects as if there is no corresponding tax detail for that voided item and it causes issues in ReSA total and net sales calculation.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create RTLOG file with 2 lines - Item and Voided item. - Assure that this items cannot be found in RMS.
- Import file in RESA - run sagetref, saimptlogi, saimptlogfin.
- Open and Edit transaction in RMS.
- Correct SKU_NOT_FOUND for Voided and Item line.
- Add correct tax details in satrdetl form.
- Save transaction.
- Notice the following:
- voided item seq has been deleted.
- new item_seq added for voided item.
- on sa_tran_igtax - old item_seq was used to link tax details.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document