"Unexpected Exception Occurred" Error Message Shown Upon Pressing 'Return' Button on the 'Sell Item' Screen
(Doc ID 2549273.1)
Last updated on MAY 28, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Retail Point-of-Service - Version 14.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Point of Service (POS), "Unexpected Exception Occurred" error message shown while trying to do a return transaction with as a user who does not have 'Return' privileges while the on-screen keyboard is enabled.
Steps to recreate the issue:
Remove "Return" privilege for "Cashier" role.
"Enable On Screen Keyboard " parameter to Yes.
1. Login into 'POS F3' using Cashier role user
2. Click on 'Return F2'
3. Dialog named: "Security Access Notice" screen is displayed.
4. Click Enter
5. Enter user ID and Password dialog is displayed
6. Click in Keys button and a keyboard is displayed.
7. Without closing the keyboard, close the "Enter User ID" Dialog
8. It goes back to Security Access Notice dialog but Keyboard is still visible here.
9. Click on X of keyboard dialog screen to close keyboard. It closes the Security Access Notice screen as well.
10. Click on 'Return F2' and notice that "Unexpected Exception Occurred" screen appears. And, below Exception is present in the logs.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document