PCM_OP_PRICE_COMMIT_DISCOUNT Opcode Overwrites Existing Discount Instead Of Creating New Discount
(Doc ID 2551612.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 22, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
PCM_OP_PRICE_COMMIT_DISCOUNT opcode overwrites existing discount instead of creating new discount.
The user is creating 3 Tailor made discounts with PCM_OP_PRICE_COMMIT_DISCOUNT and purchasing the same as below:
1. 1st discount created and purchased.
2. 2nd discount created and purchased.
3. It is observed that 3rd discount overwrites 2nd discount object and update the existing discount object details instead of creating new.
Input flist to PCM_OP_PRICE_COMMIT_DISCOUNT sent with discount object -1, but in prep_discount.c policy, it appears that discount is updating with 2nd discount POID instead of creating new.
1. 3 discounts objects are created under /discount.
2. The user should be able to purchase all 3 new tailor made discounts.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Create and Purchase Tailor made discount with PCM_OP_PRICE_COMMIT_DISCOUNT as below:
1. Create 1st discount and purchase it.
2. Create 2nd discount and purchase it.
3. Create 3rd discount and purchase it.
4. Check if it overwrites the 2nd created discount object and update the existing discount object details instead of creating new.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document