XML Import File Size Limitation not Being Respected
(Doc ID 2553804.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 16.2]
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52 [Release 15.2 to 16.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Even though the maximum file size is set to 100 MB, it is still possible to import an XML file larger than 100 MB via P6 Professional.
This file should not import
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. In P6 Admin, set the Services --> Import / Export Options --> Maximum file size to 102 000 (102 MB).
2. In P6 Professional, go to File --> Import.
3. Select the Primavera XML and locate an XML larger than 102 MB.
4. Go through the wizard completing the import process.
5. After this finishes, observe via P6 Web --> Service Status that the project is being imported.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users can import files larger than the limit set in the configuration.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document