Unable To Create Invoice With Zero Amount To Reverse A Negative Receipt
(Doc ID 2554523.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Retail Invoice Matching - Version 16.0.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When performing Receiver Unit Adjustment (RUA) after the invoice has been matched to DECREASE the PO received quantity in Retail Merchandising System (RMS), RMS will generate new outstanding shipment transaction with NEGATIVE received quantity.
This negative received quantity should not remain in the system. To clear the negative receipt, a 'Dummy' invoice of ZERO amount ($0.00) and ZERO quantity should be created.
Shipment A has a negative receipt of Item Z (quantity = -100, unit cost = $5)
Dummy invoice should have an item Z with quantity = 0 and unit cost =$5. This will make the total cost at invoice header level = $0.
When ReIM at detail level, item comes up with Quantity Resolution enabled. The system will then generate the Credit Note Request - Quantity (CNR-Q) when resolving quantity discrepancy.
Consequently, the negative receipt will be in the 'MATCHED' status and there will be no outstanding negative receipt.
Hence, the system should allow to create an invoice of ZERO amount ($0.00) and ZERO quantity. If the zero amount of invoice with zero quantity cannot be created in the system, how should a negative receipt be cleared.
1) Create new Purchase Order (PO) and perform PO receiving.
2) Create invoice associated with created PO. The invoice must be perfectly matched.
3) Perform Receiver Unit Adjustment (RUA) in RMS to decrease the PO receipt quantity. (Assume that PO receipt quantity before adjustment = 100 units and the correct PO receipt quantity = 80 units)
4) RMS will generate new outstanding shipment transaction after performing Receiver Unit Adjustment (RUA). The shipment will have the quantity 0f -20 unit.
5) The invoice is created with $0 at invoice header level. At the detail level, the item is updated to have quantity = 0 unit and the unit cost will be the same as shipment cost.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document