No Restriction While Approving the Funding Request by Same User with Multiple Approval Roles
(Doc ID 2554702.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 11, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Revenue Management and Billing - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Oracle Financial Services Revenue Management and Billing (RMB) v18.104.22.168.0, No restriction while approving the funding request by same user with more than one approval role.
There is currently no restriction for the below scenario:
Say User A is linked with Manager and Director roles for 1st and 2nd level approval respectively.
User A approved the funding request first time in Manager role. The same user A can approve the funding request second time in Director role.
Customer expects a restriction with Funding Request Approval when Same User approves in 2nd level for already approved Request in 1st Level.
When the same user A approves the funding request second time in Director role, system should restrict that same user saying same user can not approve more than once. (similar validation when checker and maker users are same during approval). But when different user B is linked with both Manager and Director roles and in above scenario, user B should be able to perform the 2nd level approval in Director role as user B was not performed the first level approval in Manager role.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log-in to ORMB with user 'UONE'
2. Create a Person, Account and Contract
3. Create a pricing for priceitem and save the pricing assignment
4. Create a bill for the account with the priceitem and complete the bill
5. Create a Funding Request with Approval Configuration for 'UONE' as submitter in Draft status
6. Submit the Funding Request with user 'UONE'
7. In the Approval Profile:
a. for Level 1: Add user A
b. for Level 2: Add user A, user B
8. Log-in to ORMB with user 'A'
9. Approve the Funding Request
10. The approval related button are visible for the user 'A' and the verify that if the user attempts to perform any action then error window is displayed restricting the user to allow any action
11. Log-in to ORMB with user 'B'
12. ReSubmit/Approve the Funding Request
13. Again repeat Step 6 through 12 for ReSubmit action
14. Perform sanity with different count of users at various levels in the approval profile
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document