Projects Are Able to be Pasted Into a Restricted EPS Node From a User by Disabling Groupings in the Project View
(Doc ID 2556474.1)
Last updated on APRIL 06, 2020
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM:
When Grouping is disabled in the Projects View, pasted Projects can appear in EPS nodes where users do not have "Add Project" privileges.
Expect the Project to be pasted into EPS node where user has "Add Projects" privileges.
- Log into P6 Web.
- Create a Project Security Profile with all options enabled in the "EPS and Projects" section. Name this profile "Add".
- Create a Project Security Profile with all options enabled in the "EPS and Projects" section except "Add Projects". Name this profile "Can't Add".
- Assign a user the "Add" Project Security Profile to an EPS node.
- Assign the same user the "Can't Add" Project Security Profile to a different EPS node with a different Responsible Manager.
- Log into P6 Pro.
- Disable Groupings in Project View.
- Highlight a Project from the "Can't Add" EPS node and select "Copy".
- Highlight a Project from the "Add" EPS node and select "Paste".
- Once paste is complete, enable Groupings and see Project was pasted into EPS node where user cannot add Projects.
When a Project is copied/pasted in the Projects View with the Grouping disabled, the Responsible Manager takes on the value of the Project that is highlighted when the Project is pasted. The expected behavior is that the Responsible Manager assignment for the Project will not change when a Project is copied/pasted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document