Importing an MS Project XML File Fails with Error 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'
(Doc ID 2557978.1)
Last updated on JULY 24, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 18.8 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 18.8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to import a MSP XML file to P6 Professional, the following error occurs.
Information Exception Prism.Modularity.ModuleInitializeException: An exception occurred while initializing module 'CommandLineModule'.
- The exception message was: One or more errors occurred
- The Assembly that the module was trying to be loaded from was:Primavera.Mercury.CommandLineModule, Version=18.8.x.xxxxx, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Check the InnerException property of the exception for more information. If the exception occurred while creating an object in a DI container, you can exception.GetRootException() to help locate the root cause of the problem.
---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Export data created in P6 to an MS Project XML file.
- Import the XML file into MS Project.
- In MS Project, export the XML file.
- Attempt to import the new XML file into P6.
- Observe reported error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!