Importing Or Exporting An MS Project XML File Fails with Error 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'
(Doc ID 2557978.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 04, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 18.8 to 220.127.116.11 [Release 18.8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to import/export a MSP XML file to/from P6 Professional, the following error occurs.
Information Exception Prism.Modularity.ModuleInitializeException: An exception occurred while initializing module 'CommandLineModule'.
- The exception message was: One or more errors occurred
- The Assembly that the module was trying to be loaded from was:Primavera.Mercury.CommandLineModule, Version=18.8.x.xxxxx, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Check the InnerException property of the exception for more information. If the exception occurred while creating an object in a DI container, you can exception.GetRootException() to help locate the root cause of the problem.
---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Import a MS Project XML file to P6.
- Or Export a project from P6 to MS Project XML.
- The Import/Export fails to above error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!